Keep Education Limited recognises that discrimination in the workplace, in any form, is unacceptable and in most instances, unlawful. Keep Education Limited have therefore adopted an Equal Opportunities Policy to ensure that all job applicants and employees are treated fairly and without prejudice or favour. Keep Education Limited are committed to applying this policy in all areas of employment including recruitment, training, development and promotion. People will be judged solely on merit or ability under all circumstances.
The following key points sets down the basis of the policy, any breach of the policy will lead to disciplinary action, which may include dismissal.
- Each and every employee has a duty to observe and apply the policy at all times.
- The policy will be implemented in accordance with the requirements of; the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the Sex Discrimination Acts 1975 and 1986, the Race Relations Act 1976, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- To ensure that we reach the widest cross section of the community, all vacancies will be advertised through relevant media and/or the internet, as well as being advertised internally.
- We will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of; race, colour, nationality, ethnic, or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political opinion/affiliation, age or religion.
- Our application form will be as straight forward as possible and we will not ask for unnecessary information.
- Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the position and we will not seek irrelevant qualifications. Applicants will be short listed/selected solely on the basis of capability with regard to the position offered.
- Each and every employee has an obligation to make a positive contribution towards maintaining an environment of equal opportunity, throughout the business.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors where applicable or whenever requested and is also available to the public.